Share Pick-Up is THURSDAY from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM *
- If you cannot be to your site by 7:00 (or the time designated by your specific site), please contact the site host (not the farm) and let them know when to expect you.
- BI Weekly Bounty and Summer/Fall Fruit Box delivery schedule
- SITE HOST CONTACT LIST
- Site hosts will give you specific guidelines regarding their site. Please respect their requests. Thank you to all of our site hosts for their generosity of time and space.
- If you do not pick up your produce or call the site, your produce will be donated.
- If you are unable to pick up your food (i.e. you are on vacation), a friend or neighbor is welcome to pick it up; but you must give them clear directions regarding what shares (vegetable/fruit) to take!
*Business pick-up sites may have different designated pick up times, you will receive information from the site coordinator.
Here is the routine at your pickup site:
1. Weekly Shares and Bi-Weekly Shares are packed into identical white plastic containers. The contents of the Weekly Share and Bi-Weekly Share are the same; the containers are not labeled. Fruit Boxes are packed into a cardboard box.
2. Plastic containers and lids DO NOT go home with you. Fruit Boxes go home with you and you keep the box.
3. Empty the contents of the plastic container into your own bag; extra bags will be at the site if you forget to bring one (sites can always use donations of full sized, neatly folded paper bags).
4. Neatly stack the plastic containers and lids in the designated area at your site (site hosts appreciate this).
5. Cross off your name on the correct check-off sheet each time you pick up your share. One last name is listed for each share. Weekly Shares: white paper. Bi Weekly Shares: green paper. Fruit Box: pink paper.
Vegetable Share and Fruit Box Splitters: If you are splitting your share with another household, and plan to divide the share at the site: Take your portion of the food from the container, clearly label the remaining produce and then set it away from the full containers. Plan and coordinate with your share splitting partner.
Farm News: Each week we post farm news, pictures and information. We provide a link to the Farm News post when we send the weekly share reminder on Thursday morning. You can always go to our web site and click on Farm News.
This Week’s Harvest: Each week there will be a piece of paper in your share container titled “This Week’s Harvest” discussing the produce in your share. Each Monday, on This Week’s Harvest page on our website, we will post a “Best Guess” list of vegetables you can expect to receive in your share on Thursday.
Fruit Box Members, you will receive an e-newsletter written by our fruit buyer.
Asparagus to Zucchini and Farm Fresh and Fast: If you have already paid for either of these books, we will deliver them along with your first Share. If you would like a copy of either of these fabulous cookbooks, send us a check for $15 (Asparagus to Zucchini) or $18 (Farm Fresh and Fast) and we will bring it to your site.
Member vacation policy
You have three options when you go on vacation:
- You can have a friend pick up your share for you. Please give clear instructions so your friend knows exactly what to do, which name to cross off and which share(s) to take.
- You can donate your share. Please give us one week advance notice and we will make arrangements for your share to be donated to a low income family.
- Bi-Weekly Share members: You can reschedule up to two share deliveries per season. Please give us one week advance notice.
- Fruit Box members: You can reschedule up to two deliveries per season. Please give us two weeks advance notice.