5% discount on
by December 31
The Fruit Box is an opportunity to receive certified organic fruit from early May to December. Unlike our vegetables, which are grown by us, the fruit is not. The fruit comes from certified organic farms around the country including the Midwest. Each mixed box varies depending on what is available and at the peak of quality. The Fruit Box follows the annual fruit harvest and changes according to the seasons. When citrus, blueberries, cherries, grapes, stone fruit, Colorado peaches, apples, pears and more are at their peak of flavor and freshness you will have them in your box.
Your box is delivered every other week. Each shipment comes with a write-up that talks about the growers and the fruit, gives tips on storage, health and wellness, and offers suggestions on how to use the fruit. You may not receive all of the listed items and may receive some fruit not on the list; each season is different.
2018 Fruit Box Purchasing Options
Spring Season - 3 deliveries $150
May 3 through June 7: about 10lbs of fruit delivered every-other-week
- Early May: Mixed box (Rio Star grapefruit, Pixie tangerines, Navel oranges, Apples, Pears, Mangos, Avocados)
- Mid May: Mixed box (Pixies tangerines, Apricots, Mangos, Apples, Pears, Berries)
- Early June: Mixed box (Apples, Pears, Grapes, Blueberries)
We work with an organic fruit buyer, Everett Myers, who during the 1990s was a CSA farmer and Peace Corps Volunteer in Ecuador. Since 2003, he has traveled to visit growers in the best fruit growing regions and works with them to bring the best of the organic fruit harvest to you.
Summer/Fall Season - 7 deliveries $350
July 19 through October 18: about 10lbs of fruit delivered every-other-week.
- Late July: Mixed box (Cherries, Blueberries, Stone fruit)
- Early August: Mixed box (Blueberries, Grapes, Pluots, Colorado Peaches)
- Late August: Mixed box (similar to early August)
- Early September: Mixed box (Apples, Pears, Grapes, Pluots, Peaches, Nectarines)
- Late September: Mixed box (Honeycrisp apples, other apple and pear varieties, Stone fruit)
- Early October: Mixed box (Honeycrisp apples and pears, including: Comice, Concorde, Red and Green bartlett and asian pears)
- Late October: Mixed box (More apple and pear varieties)
Late Season - 2 deliveries $150
- November 8th: Cranberries, pomegranates, Honeycrisp apples, Opal apples and other apple varieties along with Asian, D’Anjou, Comice and other pears. Approximately 20lbs
- December 6th: Satsuma mandarins, Rio Star grapefruit, Navel oranges, Cara AKA Red Navels, Lemons and Limes. Approximately 20lbs
LATE SEASON DELIVERY SITES
We consolidate the final two Fruit Box delivery pick up sites to 6 locations. The weather during the November and December deliveries can be very cold and snowy so we choose sites with heated facilities and easy parking.
Goodman Community Center – 149 Waubesa Street Madison, WI 53704
Community of Hope Church – 7118 Old Sauk Road, Madison, 53717
Neighborhood House Community Center – 29 South Mills Street, Madison, WI 53715
Orchard Ridge United Church of Christ – 1501 Gilbert Rd, Madison, 53711
Verona - 481 Todd Street, Verona, 53593
The Farm - 4628 County Road FF, Blue Mounds, WI 53517
Fruit Box Pick-Up information
PICK-UP: THURSDAY from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM *
*Business pick-up sites may have different designated pick up times, you will receive information from the site coordinator.
- Fruit Box deliveries are bi-weekly.
- If you cannot be to your pick up site by 7:00, please contact the site host (not the farm) and let them know when to expect you.
- Site hosts have provided specific guidelines regarding their site. Please respect their requests. We thank all of our site hosts for their generosity of time and space.
- If you do not pick up your Fruit Box or call the site, your Fruit will be donated.
- If you are unable to pick up your Fruit (i.e. you are on vacation), a friend or neighbor is welcome to pick it up instead; but you must give them clear directions regarding what to take!
- The entire box goes home with you. Each box is packed identically. We do not need the box back.
- Cross off your name on the pink check-off sheet when you pick up your box. One last name will be listed for each Fruit Box.
- Share Splitters: If you are splitting a fruit box with another household and dividing the fruit at the site, please mark it clearly and move it away from the remaining fruit boxes.
- Fruit Box newsletter: A newsletter accompanies each Fruit Box delivery. The link to the newsletter will be e-mailed to you on the day of delivery. The newsletter talks about the farm and farmers who grow the fruit, includes recipes, and gives fruit storage information. It is VERY IMPORTANT to store your fruit as instructed. If your fruit is not stored properly it may not last.